Monday, April 24, 2006

Sailing on the Eye Spy




Next morning we head over to the St whatever marina to catch up with Scott and his wife Helen. They are a fit good looking young couple that seems to be having fun with their lives. Scott and Helen have a 30 ft Young 88 class sloop. They’ve been racing it but today’s sail is going to be a relaxing cruise as they have both had a busy week and want to relax. No problem here. We sail over to Motuihe Island. Motuihe was a quarantined island and then a POW camp in the past, now its home to a few ranchers and numerous pleasure boaters. There is a DOC camp site for those who wish to spend the night. After a brief lunch, Andy Scott and I take a long walk down the beach where Scott played on the sandstone cliffs as a boy. Scott and Andy do some bouldering and climb out on to one of the cliff ledges. We come to some tide pools and I take some pictures of a tiny jelly fish and some even smaller shrimp. On the return trip to Auckland I get a turn at the helm. Back at the dock we bid farewell to our hosts and walk up the doc to discover that we were locked in. We call up Scott and get the pin number to let us out only to discover that Homey isn’t were I left Him. It turns out that I parked him in a tow away zone and his been kidnapped by the evil Towing company and I need to cough up $180 to ransom the old boy back. Again I call Scott and he asked if we are still locked in (SAS- Stupid American Syndrome) offers to give us a lift to the towing company and with a tearful reunion with Homey or sorrowful part with my money ( I’m still trying to decide which) We are back on the road home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home