Friday, July 07, 2006

Epilog

Well that’s it for now. I hope that for those of you that have followed this story though the end that I was able to impart to you some of the beauty and wonder that I experienced. I really didn’t take a lot of time doing editing so I apologize for some of the spelling and grammatical errors but it is what it is.
Now that I am back home in California and looking out at the Pacific Ocean from my window I am struck with a sense of peace. I was able to resolve several conflicts in my heart. I was able to spend a nice block of time with only myself to worry about. I met many wonderful people and had a really good time. One day I will return to the Land of the Long White Cloud maybe just for another visit maybe for longer

If you enjoyed the few photos of my trip that I included and would like to see more go to the following link:

http://photos.yahoo.com/coastsidekayaker

Things I would have done differently:
I would have waited and looked around for a van one I arrived
Flown directly into Christchurch
I should have brought a US multi-plug extention so I could have charged many things at once.
I brought more Clothes than I really needed and bike toys didn’t get much use.
I wish I had about 2 more weeks to spend in the South Island.

Things lost:
Gerber folding Knife
Mini Mag flashlight with the cool triple led light
Water bottle with cool sipping top
Smiths Sunglasses

Things Given Away:
Homey the Van
Jet Boil Stove
cool sipping top
several pairs of clipless bike peddles
Several T-shirts
Lots of love and laughter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home