Friday, July 07, 2006

The Last Day: April 18th 2006

Andy has to go to the Great Barrier to start his gig with the Outdoor Pursuit Center. He will be there for a couple of weeks. We are going to give another guide a lift to the airport and we all cram into Andy’s Subaru. Everyone says their good byes and off he goes. Angela, Nathan and I drive into the city so I can do some last minute shopping. I take them out to a great Chinese dinner that possibly cost more that their weeks grocery budget. But Angela and the kids have given up time with Andy while he was tramping around with me and I figured that I need to say thanks to them as well. I had arranged to get a bunch of New Zealand wines to take back to my girl and then we head back to the Ranch. I give Paul Hayward a call and arrange to meet them for dinner on this last night. I give them a bottle of wine and have a wonderful time with them. Thanking them again for all their support. I get lost driving there and back. It’s not too bad and I enjoy the streets of the North shore at night in the moon light. I finally return to the Ranch and have a quick word with Angela before I spend my last night in Homey. I fall asleep with my mind swirling with all my adventures. I’m awaken with a gentle rap on the van window as Angela gets me up and we head to the Airport. Both Nathan and Stacy get up to see me off. I am very touched. And as I give them all hugs and say my good byes I can’t help but think how lucky I was and how much this will affect my life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home